ApplePickers
* Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:36 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:40 PM 

I get this message, Safari cannot find the internet plug-in.
What is a internet plug-in?

Post subject: plug-in
PostPosted: Sat Nov 4, 2006 5:53 PM 
Site Admin

A plug-in is a piece of code from a third party that enhances the capabilites of another application. In this case you're looking for a plug-in that allows you to play an audio stream from within Safari. WIBC uses Windows Media Player. There is a Windows Media Player 9.0 available from Microsoft (free) for the Mac and you can also get a product called Flip4Mac through MS. Unfortuately while I can get other WMV streams to work, I can't get WIBC to work on my iMacG5, but it may work for you. Windows Media® Components for QuickTime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 4, 2006 8:35 PM 

The Flip4Mac people have done an admirable job. However, they are still having problems with some streams. Like Bob v, I couldn't get the WIBC stream to work with Flip4Mac.

However, Microsoft's website still has a link to their, now discontinued, Windows Media Player. Here it is.

It has some success with online streams where Flip4Mac still fails.

[Update: 11/09/2006 - It works now. I'm thinking I didn't understand that I had to click on the Play button to get the stream to start. I'm used to the stream starting by itself.]

Bob C

Last edited by Bob Carpenter on Thu Nov 9, 2006 6:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 5, 2006 10:14 PM 

Thanks, I down loaded Flip4Mac and it works for me.

There are two links on the page. I used the one at the bottom of the page
to listen to WIBC, then used a program called Audio Hijack Pro to record
the stream. Now I can put it on my ipod.

Product Description:
Audio Hijack Pro drastically changes the way you use audio on your computer, giving you the freedom to listen to audio when you want and how you want. Record and enhance any audio with Audio Hijack Pro - it's the cornerstone of your digital audio experience.
Audio Hijack Pro will allow you to record any application's audio, from internet streams to DVD audio and everywhere in between. If your machine can play it, Audio Hijack Pro can record it. And that's not all - Audio Hijack Pro will also enhance any audio, unsing industry-standard VST and AudioUnit audio effects to make your music sound incredible. Record. Enhance.