ApplePickers
* Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:52 AM 

I am having a small bit of difficulty, and it is proving to be quite a bit more annoying than it really needs to be. The problem is, Apple has spread the internet settings out over several programs, instead of having them all centralized in the control panel, where I think they should go. That aside, Safari is still demonstrating a lack of settings that I can change (easily). The supported protocols, such as http, ftp, etc. Those are fine, things such as mailto: automatically go to Mail, and so on. The problem is, if I wanted to add something to respond to say, aim:// or irc:// which would then load the respective programs for those. It was something you used to be able to do without too much hassle, but at the moment I can't find a way to make Safari (or Firefox for that matter) do this.

Is there something obvious I am overlooking? It seems really sad when I get to thinking about reinstalling IE. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:53 PM 
Site Admin

You may want to check out More Internet. I think that's what you trying to do. There's a few other programs like this, but this is the one I tend to use. This URL goes to Version Tracker; the URL to the developer site doesn't seem to work.