ApplePickers
* Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 AM

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:37 AM 

Wow, Sherlock is acting quite odd. I had the Translation channel gray itself out, which is a bad thing since I use it often. I'm sure there was a method posted a while back on how to reset the channels in Sherlock, but I couldn't locate it. Also, that only worked when the channels were actually gone and not being shown.

However, that isn't the strange thing. When I clicked to view all channels, and clicked on Apple Channels, the channel names and descriptions all switched over to Japanese. I.. didn't do anything, press anything, or set anything to make it do that. When I restarted, all the descriptions and names were in English again but when I clicked on Channels, then Apple Channels, they all changed to French. Translation still won't work. I am quite confused.

Mac OS X 10.4.2, Sherlock 3.6.1, iBook G3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:14 PM 

Ricky,

In playing around with Sherlock, I happened to get Sherlock just as messed up as you have. :p

However, Sherlock works just fine on my test account so there's some preference or cache file that I should be able to clear out to fix the problem. I don't have the time to dedicate to finding it right now, though.

Let me know if you find anything. :D

Honestly, I don't really use Sherlock anymore. I used to use it for movies, but I've found a Dashboard widget that can show the movie times.

Bob C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 5, 2005 12:19 PM 

Ricky,

I've found a Babelfish Dashboard widget. I'm not sure how good it is, but it might fill your translation need that you currently use Sherlock for.

Bob C