ApplePickers
* Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:18 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:25 PM 

I just bought a new cell phone since my contract was up. I decided to buy the Motorola E815 since I wanted a Bluetooth phone to have a wireless headset.

I read that iSync supported the E815 with its latest update, but I was sure it wouldn't work for me since Verizon tries to do everything it can to make sure you have to use their premium services.

I was absolutely shocked when I started up the Bluetooth setup on the phone and told my Mac to discover the phone. It did! No pain at all.

Ok, so it saw the phone. That didn't mean that I was going to be able to transfer any phone numbers to the phone. I told iSync to sync up my Address Book with my phone. It did it perfectly!

The first time I saw that I had iSync sync up every phone number in my address book. I really didn't need some of those phone numbers included on my phone. I then told it to pick just my "Home" group in Address Book. Then, I ended up with just the numbers I wanted to transfer.

This was a LOT less painful than trying to figure out how to enter the phone numbers by hand using the phone's interface.

I'm quite sure that this wouldn't have been as simple to do under Windows because Verizon sells a "Verizon Wireless Mobile Office Kit" for $40 to do address book synchronization. To be fair, it's probably possible to do this in Windows without buying Verizon's product. However, Windows doesn't (to my knowledge) have a built-in iSync-type program for syncing to mobile phones.

To be honest, until now, I could've cared less about iSync. Now I find it really, really cool. :rock:

It's good to own a Mac. :;):

Bob C