I realize that I must be fundamentally dense, but -- while I've always subscribed to postings to given individual topics in the Forum -- I didn't really understand how to subscribe to full Forums. THAT IS
... until you guys literally showed the web page to me last night at the meeting. But thinking that there could
be others having problems doing this, I wrote up a set of somewhat more explicit (tho perhaps less simple) instructions for subscribing to desired (entire) Forums.
Am wondering if you might want to use these steps in the general newsletter to the membership sometime in the future -- and do feel free to make it more understandable!Seriously, I know that I'd sure enjoy our group a lot more, if more members were interested in posting to the forums.
(1) Go to Applepickers.org webpage (duh!)
(2) Click on "Forum"
(3) Sign in, if you are not automatically signed in all the time.
(4) Look through the list of broad Forums available. These include:
Virtual Business Meetings
Gossip & News
The only one that does not seem subscribe-able is "MUG Specials."
(5) It is (as both of you promised) possible to subscribe to whichever (or all) of the Forums, and notifications will come to one's personal email each time someone posts to any of the subscribed forums.
(6) To subscribe, click on each individual forum (it can only be done one forum at a time) that you are interested in. In the upper left hand corner of the inset, right above "Topics," click on "Subscribe forum." (If you later want to unsubscribe to any Forum, you can click on "Unsubscribe forum.")
(7) To navigate back to subscribe to the next Forum, just click on "Board Index" in the gray bar, just above the Forum name.
I'd say that this might help others, just by my writing it here -- but ya gotta be going to the Applepickers Forum to see it! If y'all get my drift ... and it doesn't seem like a lot of folks are frequenting the boards. Or maybe they do, but just never post.