ApplePickers
* Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:17 PM

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 3, 2003 7:38 PM 

:Oo:
To my dismay, after having my 15" PowerBook G4 for not even a month, I was seeing a nasty light gray blotch in the central right-portion of my screen -- taking up easily about a quarter of my screen area. I moved around, looked at it for several days under various lighting circumstances, and it was always there. I thought, oh great, now that I finally have everything set up, I'll have to take it back.

Then, something occurred to me. One night, as a surprise, my hubby had sweetly put beautiful Marine Aqaurium X (2.0.6), from SereneScreen, on my computer -- which he had learned about from MacAddict. I love this screensaver, and adore the bubbly sounds, and seeing, out of the corner of my eye, the beautiful fish swim about. It really is quite stunning.

But what came to my mind is that -- though the FISH move around -- the BACKGROUND in this scene is fairly static. There is a filtered light effect that moves about, but most of the picture stays as is. So, what the hey ... I turned it off overnight. (Mind you, Aquarium never stays on for long -- I have my screen set to turn off after 15 minutes of no activity.)

So, today: no gray splotch on my screen.

I'm greatly disappointed, as I really loved the aquarium, and it kind of took me back to my early Mac days -- but beautifully updated.

I pretty much have no idea about the vulnerability of the screen on this computer. It did come back to normal -- so does that mean that it's something that will ALWAYS come back to normal, or is it a good idea to be cautious about this. I fear what the answer probably is ...

Thanks!

Suzanne Rampton Stocklin

oh, and Fishers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 4, 2003 12:39 AM 

I would highly reccomend that you read THIS ARTICLE regarding 15" Aluminum Powerbook screens.. This may not be the screensaver. I have had the Serene Screen Marine Aquarium screen saver for quite some time, both on an iBook and a 12" aluminum Powerbook, no issues here.

Bob